The Daniel Martinez Flamenco Company was founded in 2017 by Spanish composer and flamenco guitarist Daniel Martinez.
His first production ‘Art of Believing ́ debuted in Edinburgh ́s prestigious Royal Lyceum Theatre in October of that same year and has gone on to win the prestigious ‘Herald Angel Award’ for an outstanding performance during Edinburgh’s International Festival.
The ‘Art of Believing’ tour has included some of the UK’s biggest cities and has sold out many important theatres, guitar and arts festivals across the country.
The tour will continue in to 2020, as well as work on Daniel Martinez’s next production and international tour dates in 2021.
- Daniel achieved his status as a fully licensed Flamenco guitarist in 2015, having studied at the ‘Superior Conservatoire of Music in Cordoba’.
- Composer and Flamenco guitar soloist Daniel Martinez presented his first Flamenco theatre production “Art of Believing” (29th of October 2017) to a sell out audience in Edinburgh’s Royal Lyceum Theatre. After the premier’s tremendous success, his production ‘Art of Believing’ has graced the stages of many important Guitar Festivals and Theatres across UK.
- Currently works as Flamenco guitarist in Edinburgh, Scotland, performing in concerts as a soloist as well as collaborating with other musicians all around Europe.
- Regular guitarist and performer for TuFlamenco Tablaos and School Edinburgh www.tuflamenco.com
- He started teaching guitar to his own students at only 16 years of age, giving him 10 years of teaching experience so far in his young career.
- Daniel Martinez’s interview on The Janice Forsyth Show on BBC Radio Scotland.
- Daniel Martinez’s interview on The Loose Ends Show BBC Radio 4 with Clive Anderson.