Daniel has been teaching flamenco guitar to students of varying ages and levels for over 12 years. In Daniel’s classes the student will learn all of the vital skills required to play flamenco guitar, some of which include: technique, harmonies, falsetas, rhythm, compás, confidence, improvisation, singing and dance accompaniment. All of these skills will be implemented across a vast array of flamenco palos suited to your progressing level.
Daniel currently provides face to face guitar lessons in Edinburgh as well as online Skype & Zoom classes to students all around the world.
Classes are tailored and personalised specifically for each individual student’s needs and the recommended number of lessons required for effective and consistent learning is an hour a week as well as your own daily practice at home.
Group classes can involve dance accompaniment, singing accompaniment, technique and the learning of a musical piece. During group accompaniment classes, a professional singer and/or dancer is on hand to help with the student’s learning and development.
At the end of the school year (normally June) the students will be given the opportunity to perform at the Annual Student Show at a venue in Edinburgh. You can watch previous year’s Student Shows in Student Concerts.
Daniel also offers intensive workshops and masterclasses.
Online Guitar Classes
Daniel offers the possibility to attend online individual or group classes via Skype or Zoom.
Classes last approx. 45/60 minutes and at the end of each class, Daniel will record a video that he will send for you to work on during the week ahead. Before the next class, you will send him a video of you playing and the lesson will consist of going through it, correcting any mistakes and further helping you with your development and any doubts.
Before the start of each lesson, the connection of your chosen method of communication will be tested to ensure your encounter no or minimal technical problems throughout the lesson.
With Daniel you will learn and develop a series of skills such as;
- All the techniques involved in playing flamenco guitar such as; rasgueos, alzapua, picados, arpegios, tremolo and pulgar.
- All of the different flamenco palos.
- Flamenco compás and rhythm.
- Specific technique exercises which will help you become faster when playing.
- Learning to play the works and falsetas of some of the greatest Flamenco guitarists of our time; Paco de Lucia, Vicente Amigo, Moraito, Mario Escudero, Sabicas, Manolo Sanlucar, Tomatito, Paco Serrano, Gerardo Nuñez, Rafael Riqueni, Pepe Habichuela, Diego del Morao to name just a few.
- Accompanying Flamenco singing and dancing (during accompaniment classes we will have a flamenco singer and/or a dancer assisting with the development of each student).
- How to improvise rounds of chords.
- How to compose falsetas.